Malaysia Car insurance
Car insurance (also known as, Auto insurance or motor insurance) is insurance purchased for cars, trucks, motorcycles, and other road vehicles.
In Malaysia you need Malaysia car insurance when you buy a motor vehicle. Motor insurance covers your vehicle, be it a motorcycle, a car or a lorry, in case of accidents or theft. Malaysia Car Insurance provide financial protection against physical damage and/or bodily injury resulting from traffic collisions and against liability that could also arise there from the specific terms of car insurance.
There are three common types of motor insurance available: third party; third party, fire and theft; and comprehensive cover.
- Third party cover – This policy insures you against claims for bodily injuries or deaths
caused to other persons (known as the third party), as well as loss or damage to third
party property caused by your vehicle.
- Third party, fire and theft cover – This policy provides insurance against claims for third
party bodily injury and death, third party property loss or damage, and loss or damage to
your own vehicle due to accidental fire or theft.
- Comprehensive cover – This policy provides the widest coverage, i.e. third party bodily
injury and death, third party property loss or damage and loss or damage to your own
vehicle due to accidental fire, theft or an accident.
Summary of Malaysia Car Insurance Category
Your standard motor insurance policy does not cover:
- Your own death or bodily injury;
- Your liability against claims from your passengers;
- Theft of non-factory fitted vehicle accessories (car stereos, leather seats, sports rims etc) unless otherwise declared.
- Consequential loss, depreciation, wear and tear, mechanical or technical breakdown failures or breakages; and
- Loss/damage arising from an act of nature, e.g. flood, landslide.
However, you may pay additional premium to cover some of the above exclusions, e.g. floods or your liability against claims from your passengers. Windscreen and vehicle accessories covers are also useful extensions to consider preserving your No-Claim-Discount (NCD) in the event of loss/damage.
You can check for other exclusions and extension covers available with your insurance agent or company.
Incoming search terms:
- 2nd party car insurance